What is LeasePlan Confident?
LeasePlan Confident is a service for businesses that provides cover against unexpected events by making it possible to end car or van leases early without a termination fee.
It’s a way for your fleet to grow, while having the flexibility to deal with the unexpected. You’ll get an attractive choice of vehicles and can end your lease with no early termination charge if there is an unexpected business event, such as employee resignation, redundancy or death. Terms and conditions apply.
What are the benefits of LeasePlan Confident?
We’ve designed LeasePlan Confident to be straightforward. What this means for you is:
- Early termination cover for a range of life-changing events (shown below), so your business can grow with confidence – but you can downsize if necessary.
- No fees, no stress, as you can stop your contract without an early termination fee. Terms and conditions apply, including mileage and damage recharges.
- A wide range of vehicles for you to choose from, which we have selected with driver appeal, low CO2 emissions, low BiK and more in mind.
What does LeasePlan Confident protect against?
LeasePlan Confident gives you early termination cover for:
- An employee being made redundant*
- An employee resigning*
- An employee losing their driving licence for medical reasons (pre-existing conditions excluded)*
- An employee passing away
- Your business becoming insolvent
- Your business partnership dissolving
*This cover only applies to the vehicle driven by the employee in question
LeasePlan Confident is a way for your business to lease vehicles with built-in cover that allows you to return them without an early termination fee if there is an unexpected event.
This means you can upsize your fleet to take advantage of new opportunities, while knowing you have the flexibility to downsize again if your situation changes, with no early termination charges for your business
LeasePlan Confident covers six key events. Four relate to the employee driving the leased vehicle, while the other two apply to your business as a whole. They are:
Your employee resigns from your business
Your employee is made redundant
Your employee loses their driving licence for medical reasons
Your employee passes away
Your business partnership dissolves
Your business becomes insolvent
It’s important to note that this is not an insurance product. When you choose LeasePlan Confident, we commit to waiving our early termination charge for the areas covered.
As you would expect, there are some exclusions that apply as well as specific terms about the nature of the cover itself. Everything is covered in our full terms and conditions, but we would like to highlight the key points now, so it’s clear how the contract works.
We offer LeasePlan Confident to SMEs and small corporate businesses
The cover does not apply if an employee dies from self-inflicted injury or from alcohol, solvent or drug abuse
We do cover voluntary redundancy, but not retirement, the end of a fixed term contract, probationary periods, career breaks, relocations or dismissals for misconduct or industrial action
When a claim is being made for medical reasons, the licence must be set to be lost for at least six months (pre-existing conditions excluded)
For the cover to apply, the termination must be at least six months after the start of the contract
We must receive notice in writing seven days before the termination date
The maximum amount that will be paid by this cover is £5,000. In the rare cases of early termination fees over this level, we will pay the first £5,000, with the remainder paid by you
Excess mileage and damage recharges must still be paid if they are applicable
Is LeasePlan Confident right for my business?
LeasePlan Confident is designed for the specific needs of SMEs (small and medium-sized enterprises) and small corporate businesses.
- If you are a LeasePlan customer, just talk to your account manager about this service.
- If you're not a LeasePlan customer, select one of our offers, fill in our enquiry form and the team will be in touch.